Bone-in Pork Chops
2- Gloucestershire Old Spot Bone-in Pork Chops cut about 1 inch thick
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Butter (Salted)
10 Fresh Sage Leaves
2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
2 Tablespoons Apple Butter
2 Medium Honeycrisp Apples (Wedged)
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme (Chopped)
- Pre-heat broiler on high
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with kosher salt and pepper. Add olive oil to hot skillet, when oil dances, add the seasoned pork chops searing each side for about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked to desire.
- Remove the pork chops from the plan and rest on plate. Apply liberal amount of apple butter to each side of the chop.
- Using the origional skillet, add butter, garlic, apple wedges, and sage. Cook 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Return pork chops to the skillet while drizeling the balsamic vinegar over the chops. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the apple wedges are lightly charred.
- Remove from oven, spoon butter over pork chops and top with fresh thyme.
- Serve with a Smile.