- 7-10 lb Gloucestershire Old Spot Picnic Roast
- ⅓ cup Avocado Oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Cumin
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Garlic Salt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Paprika
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Pepper
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- Prior to cooking remove the roast from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Pat dry the pork roast with paper towels, then coat the roast completely in oil using a pastry brush or your hands. In a small bowl, mix together the cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, garlic salt, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub the spice mixture over the entire pork roast, then place in the slow cooker and pour the chicken broth on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours or on low for 10-12 hours, or until the meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove the cooked pork from the slow cooker and place in a casserole dish other wide rimmed container to shred. Remove any large pieces of fat while shredding. Strain the broth that remains in the slow cooker, then add the shredded meat back in. Slowly pour about half of the broth over the shredded meat – just enough to keep it moist. Stir, adding a little more broth as needed.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, sandwiches, nachos, salads and more.