- 1 lb Gloucestershire Old Spot Pork Belly
- 2 teespoon kosher salt
- 2 Teespoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teespoon Cayenne Powder
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 Tablespoon Dry Sherry
- Keep whole or slice into 2 10″ x 1″ x 1″ slabs of pork belly, depending on size of pork belly. Score the skin with a sharp knife with crosshatch marks.
- In a small bowl mix together the spice rub. Rub the spice blend on all sides of the pork belly, pressing to ensure it adheres and is coated. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes (preferably overnight).
- If refrigerated over night, place on counter to come to room temperature an hour prior to roasting. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Place pork belly on baking tray lined with parchment or a deep baking dish. Roast uncovered in greased pan for 60 minutes (skin side up).
- In a small bowl combine honey and dry sherry. Baste pork belly with honey sherry mixture. Drop temperature to 250°F and continue to render for 20 minutes. Baste one more time and continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.